When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
- “Hellraiser,” a reboot of the classic ’80s horror movie, premieres October 7 on Hulu.
- The new film follows a woman who becomes the target of murderous beings from another dimension.
- Hulu plans start at $7 a month and go up to $13 a month for ad-free streaming.
“Hellraiser,” a new take on the terrifying horror franchise, premieres October 7 on Hulu. The reboot of Clive Barker’s classic film presents a reimagining of Pinhead, the sadistic otherworldly being with nails sticking out of their face.
In “Hellraiser,” a young woman accidentally unleashes a massacre when she solves an ancient puzzle box that releases the Cenobites, a group of tormented supernatural entities. The woman must find a way to put them back in the box before she becomes the victim of their excruciating reign of terror.
Check out the trailer for ‘Hellraiser’ (2022)
Jamie Clayton, best known for starring in Netflix’s “Sense 8,” plays the hell-bent torturer Pinhead. She is joined by Odessa A’zion, Adam Faison, Drew Starkey, Brandon Flynn, Goran Visnjic, and Hiam Abbass.
Pinhead first appeared as a nameless character in Clive Barker’s 1986 novella, “The Hellbound Heart.” “Hellraiser” is directed by David Bruckner and written by Ben Collins and Luke Piotrowski. Clive Barker, Keith Levine, and David S. Goyer serve as producers of the film, among others.
How to watch ‘Hellraiser’ (2022)
You can watch “Hellraiser” on Hulu starting October 7. The movie is a Hulu original, so it won’t be available to stream on any other services.
Hulu’s ad-supported plan currently costs $7 a month, but a $1 price increase is coming October 10. Meanwhile, Hulu’s ad-free plan is $13 a month, but will increase to $15 a month on October 10.
The Hulu app is available on most mobile devices, media players, and smart TVs from major brands. Check the Hulu website to confirm if your device is supported.
Can I watch ‘Hellraiser’ (2022) for free?
You can watch “Hellraiser” for free if you sign up for a Hulu trial. Hulu currently offers new subscribers one month of streaming for free. After your first 30 days, Hulu will renew for the current rate unless you cancel.
Is ‘Hellraiser’ (2022) a remake?
“Hellraiser” is not a remake in the traditional sense, but is instead more of a reboot or reimagining of the 1987 horror film of the same name. The movie’s characters and the specifics of its plot are different from the original “Hellraiser,” which was written and directed by creator Clive Barker. That said, the new film follows the same basic premise.
Is ‘Hellraiser’ (2022) worth watching?
Early reviews of “Hellraiser” are mostly positive. As of October 6, the film holds an “80% Certified Fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Critics praise the movie for its creepy gore, so fans of the franchise’s spine-chilling scenes should be pleased by this new take on the horror story.
Where can I watch the previous ‘Hellraiser’ movies?
If you’re looking to check out the other movies in the “Hellraiser” franchise, you’re in luck. Below, we’ve detailed where you can watch every “Hellraiser” film:
- Hellraiser (1987) – Free with ads on Tubi and Pluto TV; Stream on Prime Video and Shudder
- Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988) – Stream on Prime Video and Shudder
- Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992) – Rent or buy on Amazon, Google, Vudu, and Apple TV
- Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (1996) – Rent or buy on Amazon, Google, Vudu, and Apple TV
- Hellraiser: Inferno (2000) – Rent or buy on Amazon, Google, Vudu, and Apple TV
- Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002) – Rent or buy on Amazon, Google, Vudu, and Apple TV
- Hellraiser: Deader (2005) – Rent or buy on Amazon, Google, Vudu, and Apple TV
- Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005) – Rent or buy on Amazon, Google, Vudu, and Apple TV
- Hellraiser: Revelations (2011) – Free with ads on Tubi, Vudu, Plex TV, and Pluto TV
- Hellraiser: Judgment (2018) – Free with ads on Tubi, Vudu, and Plex TV