- You can add a tip on DoorDash before you finish your order or tip in cash when your Dasher arrives.
- To add a tip on Doordash, use the Dasher Tip toolbar on the checkout page.
- Tips can be altered after delivery, but you have to file a claim explaining why.
Like all other food delivery apps, DoorDash gives its users an option to add a tip to the delivery driver.
Tips are automatically suggested by the app based on the effort required and the distance from the restaurant or store to your door. But you can also manually adjust it as you place your order.
After you’ve received your order, your tip can only then be adjusted by contacting customer support and filing a claim.
DoorDash delivery drivers keep 100% of the tips they receive on orders they fulfill.
How to place a tip on DoorDash using the mobile app
2. Once you’ve selected the items you want to order, proceed to Checkout, then select Continue.
3. Within the Checkout menu, adjust your address, delivery method (like drop off), phone number, and delivery time.
4. Under Dasher Tip, select from the tipping options, or select Other. If you’ve selected Other, enter the desired tip amount.
5. Then, select Place Order.
How to tip on DoorDash using a web browser
1. Go to DoorDash’s website and sign in, then find the restaurant or store you want and place an order.
2. Once you’ve finished picking your items, select Checkout.
3. Adjust the delivery options, and then, on the right menu bar under Dasher Tip, select from the suggested tip amounts, or select Other. If you pick Other, enter the amount that you want to give.
4. Select Place Order when you’re done.
How to adjust DoorDash tip after you’ve placed an order
To adjust a tip amount after you’ve placed an order and your order is delivered, contact customer support using either the mobile app or desktop browser. You may need to file a claim, and explain why the tip should be lowered.
There’s no guarantee that your claim will be accepted, but if it is, you should receive a charge or refund — depending on whether you’re increasing or decreasing the tip.
How much should you tip Doordash drivers?
Doordash does calculate its own suggested tip amount when you order, which is automatically selected during the checkout process.
However, the standard tipping amount (at least in the U.S.) is anywhere from 15% to 20% of the total. So, for example, if you order $30 of sushi, you’d want to tip at least $4.50.
That said, it’s also important to consider that this standard can fall short for smaller orders. And while the Dasher does receive 100% of the tip amount, you may want to set a minimum tip amount of $4.00 to $5.00 to make it worthwhile.