- When you post a TikTok, you can use the audio in the original video or record a voiceover.
- While recording a TikTok voiceover you can add effects to change the sound of your voice.
- To easily access your TikTok sounds, save them to your Favorites tab to use them in future videos.
Sounds are central to TikTok. A video paired with just the right sound can increase the shareability of your post, and viral sounds can inspire creators from all over the TikTok community to use your sound in their own videos.
Whether you’re making TikTok videos just for fun or as a means of growing a personal brand or business, creating a popular sound can boost your views and following.
Below, we walk you through how to make and save sounds on TikTok, plus tips for creating popular sounds.
How to make a sound on TikTok
1. Open the TikTok app. Tap the plus (+) button at the bottom of the screen to record a new video.
2. Tap the red record button and film your content.
3. When you’re finished recording, tap the red check mark.
4. If you want, add a voiceover in the Edit screen by tapping the down arrow on the side menu, then Audio editing. Tap Record, then record your voiceover. Tap Replace original sound with recording to only hear your voiceover in the final video. When you’re finished, tap Save.
5. Tap Next.
6. Tap Post to upload your TikTok.
7. Navigate to the Profile tab, then open the TikTok you just posted.
8. Tap the spinning record icon at the bottom-right of the screen.
9. Tap Add to Favorites to use the audio later. Alternatively, tap Use this sound to create a new TikTok video using your custom sound.